The tail gets a brain transplant
Over the summer, I designed an easy to use general purpose animatronics controller. I just got the chance to finish writing the firmware for it last weekend and it got put into the tail today. The board is fully user programmable and can be programmed anywhere without the use of a computer. You can see a size comparison between the new board and an early prototype in the bottom left corner.
I also made a few changes to the tail itself, I replaced the steel wire I was using with steel cable, which is more flexible and should last much longer.
The enclosure had to be very large to accommodate the old prototype board, so one of the next steps is going to be to make it smaller. As far as prototypes go, this one is pretty much done. Just add some buttons, some fur and it’s good to go.